Monday, October 31, 2011

Mummy Concert (Avett Brothers) and Triple-Strap Tank Outfit


Video of the Avett Brothers dressed as mummies during last year's Halloween Eve show at the Ryman Auditorium. Unbelievably, they stayed in costume throughout the show! The entire auditorium stood up, danced and shout sang during the whole concert. This is one of the most memorable concerts I've ever been to. They sold out two nights in a row at the Ryman last year, so this year they played at the Bridgestone Arena and . . .



Yes, I drug my crippled self out to see the Avett Brothers. We had floor tickets (standing) right in front of the stage, but had to trade them in for handicapped seats in the upper deck as I couldn't have stood for the whole concert. It was sad looking down at the crowd dancing around and having fun up front. My husband made me go in a wheelchair, so that was an extra bonus!!!!!

If you haven't heard of the Avett Brothers, check them out. We go to a LOT of concerts and I would have to rank their concerts up in the top three of my all time favorite live shows. There is NON-STOP energy, and they just really seem to enjoy what they do. As far as the genre goes, they are hard to classify; It's a mixture of country, bluegrass, rock, folk and punk all rolled into one.

"I and Love and You" is one of my favorite slow songs by this group. When I first heard it, I played it over and over again and sang along at the top of my lungs. I can't sing, and I am not a country fan. (I do like folk music), but I just LOVE this group.


Listen here to "I and Love and You" (album version):



"Kick Drum Heart"
High Energy! Love this song.



On to the Outfit of the Day . . . Triple Strap Tank

First of all, I can't take a good photo to save my life. The lighting isn't very good in my closet or in my bathroom and if I turn on the flash, it looks terrible in the mirror. Most of the photos look like I have a major lint problem  . . . but I don't. Ha, ha. I'm thinking I'm just not cut out to be a blogger. :) 

Triple-Strap Tank
Here's another one of the items I purchased from the 50% off sale room. There wasn't an extra small so I picked up a small and hoped for the best. The extra small probably would have worked better, but at the price I paid, I'm happy with the flowy look of this shirt. it looks great with or without a shirt layered underneath. I paired it with last year's Pure and Good Slub Tee and All Along Knit Jacket.


I wore this outfit with black cords to work and then with jeans to the concert this weekend. 




I have a foot update for another post. I had to go back for another MRI and let's just say I'll be out of commission for a LONG while.