Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Skew Feet and Much Rambling About Nothing

This top is one of my latest sale purchases. I really like it paired with the Biloba Necklace. (Note to self: avoid taking photo with CRAZY Hand next time.) 

I'm enjoying playing with my blog and hanging out with my imaginary readers. Ha, ha. I've been following (lurking about) several blogs for about a year now. I have the GREATEST respect for all the hard work that is put into posting reviews and outfit posts. I can't imagine keeping up with my "fake" blog once I start back to work next week.

Peeled Porcelain Top, Biloba Necklace, AG Stevie Cords (wine)
SKEW FEET

I've had feet issues my whole life. I was born with a rare foot disorder called Skew feet or Z feet. My feet always hurt and I sprained my ankle a few times as a child, but it wasn't until I started running track in middle school that the skew feet were discovered. I LOVED to run but it hurt. One day, my foot cracked mid stride on my way to get the mail. After healing from that, I spent the next two years off and on in a wheel chair and crutches from two separate surgeries to reset the bones in my feet. Even though the surgeries were pretty successful, I was told I would have issues as I aged, including early onset arthritis from the surgeries. 


Well, that day has come. Even though the injury was klutz related, it probably wouldn't have happened if I'd had normal feet. The X-rays and MRI for my hurt foot show fraying joints and arthritis as well. I'm taking it easy as I want to be able to run again and . . . wear my Tom's wedges. Ha, ha. I'll worry about arthritis etc. as I get older.