Thursday, October 20, 2011

OY! (Outfit of Yesterday) Deciduous Pullover in Reverse


The Deciduous Pullover 


The Deciduous Pullover is one of my 50% off sale room purchases from this weekend. I have to admit I would not have paid full price for this as the tie in the back is a little fussy and requires too much thought, but I do like how it fits and I'm a sucker for gray tops. 


I have this on backwards. I didn't take a photo of the correct view (V in front) as this would have necessitated untying and then retying the ribbon in back and I was hungry. It is also a nice look, but I love the cowl neck version more.


When I first put it on, I was having trouble tying the ribbon (I should have NEVER untied it without looking at it first.) so I pulled it around and then noticed the lovely cowl neck draping in the front. I much prefer it this way. 

Immutable Jacket

The V neck in the back is a bit low, but no lower than the actual cowl neck was in the back. As I've said before, I almost always wear a cami under shirts, so a bit of the cami peeks out in the back, but I like this look. The ribbon ties the same no matter which way you wear it, so I figure I'll get two looks out of this shirt. The V neck in front is a more casual look whereas the cowl neck in front dresses it up and lends it more to a going out look. I could also see the cowl neck version tucked into a skirt with a jacket or sweater for work or church.

The ribbon was wrinkled when I got it, but it only took a couple of minutes to steam it out. (I love my steamer.) You can adjust the length of the cowl in front by how you tie the ribbon in the back. I gave up on tying it artfully to the side as in the product image. It looks fine tied in a ribbon in the center of the back. Oh, I should also mention that I carefully cut out the tags in "the back."

So, either this IS a great look or I am once again stuck in Stage 4 (Justification/Rationalization) of the 7 Stages of Post Online Shopping Disorientation Disorder. What do you think? ha, ha.

4 comments:

  1. I have this shirt as well and love it, but hadn't thought of wearing it back to front. Clever you. I agree the ribbon is a bit finicky, took me a while one morning to figure out why one end was longer than the other... until I looked at the online photo. It's a keeper, especially at the sale price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, great sale find. :) Plus, I think gray is becoming my neutral. Ha, ha. I'll never get the ribbon tied like the product photo with the longer ribbon hanging coyly down the shoulder -- that's what long hair is for -- covers up my messy tying. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blouse is a nice distraction from the boot. I'm totally serious. I wouldn't have noticed the boot if I hadn't read the post and looked for it. The boot also blends nicely with the denim.

    I recognize a unique quality about you. He-he! The ability to find interesting and different ways to use Anthro. You should have been an Engineer. For example: recognizing that an item has no true front or back. And then morphing that into the idea to wear said item backwards.

    You are a rare and special Anthro breed. One that will find unique ways to make it work for you even if it takes all day.

    Hint to tying the perfect bow. Right over left - Left over right - makes a bow both tidy and tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the boost, Laura, and for being my first "official" follower. I'll have to work hard to live up to those expectations. :D I'll be sure to practice your bow technique -- mine always look so droopy and sad. i knew there had to be a better way . . .

    Cagliari, thanks for being my first commenter and hanging in there. I'm going to try to keep this up. It's a fun distraction from work projects -- after all, that's what I'm doing now. Ha, ha. Okay, back to work.

    ReplyDelete