Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: Crochet Cuff Henley

Motor cuff Henley

I pounced during a recent discount promotion and bought two, because I couldn't decide between charcoal and black and oh, who am I kidding, we all know I have a problem with multiple color buying. Ha, ha. (cough)

I asked my husband and his response was, and I quote, "Are you planning on wearing that to the Renaissance Fair? If so, then it is  Kicka$$." He is so not helpful!

Traveling Minstrel - Where's me flute?
according to my husband
I think the detailing is more apparent in the charcoal version, but the black version is going to be more versatile and less Renaissance Fairish as the tepee like stitching in the back is barely noticeable in the black colorway. I love it for its layering potential. I layer a lot and it is nice to have options instead of wearing the same old shirts underneath all the time. However, I would wear this alone for a casual weekend or going out look.

Details and Sizing:

Long sleeve scoop neck Henley with elaborate floral crochet detailing along the sleeves. 6-button placket. Ribbed collar. Shirt tail hem. Features raw seam detailing along the back.

*100% cotton
*Machine wash
*Import 

Measurements for Size Small:
Length: 28"
Chest: 31"
Waist: 26"

As for sizing, I usually wear an XS in Anthropologie clothes and I got an XS in this. 

Here's some shots of the shirts. I just quickly threw on some things I typically layer with in the fall/winter. These are by no means outfits. It's funny, my gut feeling was to keep the black, but now I'm not even sure I want the black. This is why it is worth taking photos of outfits.




I really like this combo. My dad gave this Free People vest to me last year for Christmas.


.

With the Triple Strap Tank

2 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer the charcoal--if you're going to layer it most of the time, then you don't need to worry about the teepee back detail. The black seems very boring and basic, since the detailing gets lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I agree, the photos of the black Henley are blah on me. It's going back.

    ReplyDelete