Sunday, November 6, 2011

7 Week Anniversary of Foot Injury and Passerine Tee Outfit

In honor of the seven week anniversary of my foot injury, I thought I'd share my fall version of the Passerine Tee. It's only fitting as this is the top I was wearing when I wrenched my foot. I haven't worn it since, but decided to wear it out yesterday. Read on below for an update on my stupid foot. :D


I love to layer. Here's the Passerine Tee paired with my FAVORITE layering shirt, the Pure and Good Slub Tee. It is very delicate, so I hand wash it and hang it flat to dry. I have this tee in black, white and red and wish I had been able to find all the colors on sale last year. This is one of my favorite necklaces (Target). 

 Below is the finishing touch -- my favorite boyfriend blazer, The Borrowed Blazer. It seems like the year this jacket came out, Anthropologie had a ton of great jackets and blazers. I had a hard time choosing and wish now I had gotten more than a couple as lately none of the blazers have really appealed to me.
Borrowed Blazer


Foot Update
My foot has gotten worse over the past couple of weeks. It feels like it is always waking up from being asleep -- pins and needles feeling. Sometimes it feels ice cold and turns red or blue tinged. I get twitches/spasms in my foot and sharp shooting pains. My whole foot went from slightly swollen to yuck swollen all over. The severity of swelling, color changes and temperature changes come and go and now the bottom part of my leg is also twitchy and cold feeling as well. It just feels miserable. I went from taking an occasional Naproxen to having to take pain pills every day for the pain which makes me very sleepy all the time. I'm a VERY active, hyper person so this is driving me crazy! 

So, I had another MRI done last week. My tibialis posterior tendon is stretched with multiple tears and the tendon running along the ankle on the other side of my foot is also stretched. My whole foot is inflammed and filled with fluid -- tenosynovitis and tendinosis, there is also ligament damage, AND I have arthritis in several places from the surgeries for my skew feet. Most of this I already knew, although I wondered why the other side of my foot was swollen and hurt and now know that tendon was wrenched as well. That was the good news. Ha, ha. 

The bad news? The doctor brought up RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome) or Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (RSDS/CRPS). Yikes! He asked us if we knew what it is and gave a brief overview of nerves going haywire resulting in pain. He then talked about next steps and referred me to another doctor. This went over our heads because I really still didn't understand how serious this condition is. When my husband asked about a time frame for recovery, we were told this was a chronic disabling condition characterized by intense pain with no cure. Well, that got our attention, and we started asking more questions! Of course, I googled it right away and wish I hadn't.  One of my friends at work told me that this is what Dr. House has that makes him pop drugs all the time. GREAT! 

I need your prayers. I am refusing to believe this and am hoping that my foot is just so messed up with inflammation that this is causing my nerve responses. Plus, this wasn't a diagnosis just a suggestion of what it looks like is going on with my foot. So, pray, pray. Did I mention, pray? :)