Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Two is Always Better Than One: My favorite gift so far . . . from me.

What She Came For? 
Stila - Dream in Full Color Palette: 

What She Came for by Franz Ferdinand on Grooveshark

(Okay, this is my cheesy way of pushing some of my favorite artists. Click it, click it. Here's a dancy tune for your listening pleasure from Franz Ferdinand.) 

I always seem to know just what I want --it's just a knack I have. This is the greatest gift I bought myself for Christmas with my Sephora Beauty Insiders $25 gift card discount. I am not a make-up junkie and don't even pretend to know what I'm doing. :) So take my word for it when I say this is a fool proof palette. I have the Naked Palette and love it, but for me this palette kicks the Naked Palette's butt. Why? Cheaper, more variety, blushes and a bonus eye-liner for starts. These eye shadows do not disappoint as they are highly pigmented, blendable, and stay put. I haven't tried an eyeshadow or blush that I haven't liked yet. 

The eye liner is also wonderful. I was hesitant to try out the eyeliner at work because I'm cursed with eyelids that cause eyeliners and mascara to smudge within hours. (I now have my holy grail long-wear products that I'll share in a separate post.)  I wore it the other night for the first time and it passed the stay put test although I've yet to put it through a work day/concert test. I'll let you know later how it holds up. 

It also comes with a lookbook to show you how to create different looks. I've tried a couple, and my husband has actually commented on how nice my eye makeup looked. I read some reviews that said these shadows aren't pigmented and I beg to differ. I always wonder if these people just don't know about the charms of a good lid primer such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Oh, I also really like the blushes.  

So do yourself a favor and drop this in a friend's stocking and fill up your own while you're at it. :) It is a foolproof gift.

Stila - Dream in Full Color Palette
Included with the palette is a step-by-step artistry lookbook to show you how to apply each eye shadow shade and create countless looks for day and night. 

Palette includes:
- 29 eye shadow shades
- 7 cheek colors 
- Best-selling Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Stingray 
- 16-page lookbook

At a $366 value for less than $40, this is the perfect holiday season gift. But don't forget to treat yourself. Two is always better than one. Size: eye shadows total: .65 oz. /18.5 g, cheek color total: .38 oz. /10.8 g; Smudge: .01 oz./ .28 g


May Santa fulfill your every gift loving dream,
V.B.